Tuesday, January 30, 2018

WIP: Adeptus Custodes with Halberds II

Adeptus Custodes WIP Halberd Squad


I was able to make some progress on the Adeptus Custodes. Plumes, braid, leather, and some gun metal have been base coated and washed.  Already they are starting to stand out and resemble the Emperors's 10,000.

Adeptus Custodes WIP Halberd Squad
Session 2 progress, blocking in more base colors 
I had a little time remaining before setting these aside for Squaduary, so I took the time to lay down a first pass of gold highlights as well.  I also painted in the silver face masks (Vallejo Chrome 71.064) and washed them with a bit of GW Nuln Oil.

Session 3 progress, 1st pass of gold highlights
Before putting them away, I used the airbrush to lay down a base coat of browns on the bases as well. This was all I could make time for.

Adeptus Custodes WIP Halberd Squad
Session 3 progress, the bases get some love from the airbrush

With so much gold to highlight, and me being a bit slow and methodical about it, the highlighting took a good couple hours to complete on just five models. I need to pick up the pace if I'm going to be able to highlight the armor of 10 Dark Angels Primaris marines during Squaduary!

Yes, that is right.  I am pledging to paint a full squad (10 marines) of Dark Angels Primaris Hellblasters for Squaduary 2018. So we'll say good bye to the Adeptus Custodes for a month or so. I doubt I'll be away from them long though.  The new codex for the Custodes looks fun and there is the release of many great new models!

Cheers and Happy Gaming!


No comments:

Post a Comment