Thursday, February 8, 2018

Squaduary 2018: Week 1 Progress

Squaduary 2018 Title Image

Well, week one has come and gone, and I missed the official Squaduary 2018 update with this post. But no matter, progress has been made! To start things off, a coat of GW Caliban Green was laid down with the air brush.  On the far right of the front rank, you'll note my early experiment with highlighting this. 

Dark Angels Primaris Hellblasters WIP Green Base Coat

Before I got to business with highlighting the armor, however, I brushed a coat of GW Nuln Oil over all (including the highlighting experiment). Now on the far left of the front rank you may note my second experiment with highlighting after the shade was dry.  You might say...just get on with it! And you'd probably be right, but highlighting space marine armor is not my strong suit and I want these gents to come out well so I'm taking my sweet time with the effort. It will all come in time.

Dark Angels Primaris Hellblasters Washed with some details

In fact, I took a break from highlighting of the armor (I'm overwhelmed by how long it takes me to do one model) to poke at some of the equipment.  For some reason, the leather work caught my eye this session and I took cheerfully to painting up all the bolt pistols and belt pouches. Then I decided to toss on a splash of color and base coated all the eye lenses with GW Mephiston Red.

So not a tremendous amount of progress for the week, but they are dark green and I guess pass for a three color minimum. ;-) And there are TEN of them...OK, enough whining from me on that matter.  I'm excited to gain progress on a new squad of Dark Angels.  This squad will most certainly set the new standard for my force.  Once complete, I'll post up a comparison of this squad with one of the two tactical squads I completed...hmmm...four years ago?  Five?  The Dark Angels deserve more of my time than they get.

A shout out to the rest of the Squaduary 2018 challengers.  Best of luck for your projects!  What I have seen so far in posts looks great.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment